- Experienced and diversified Board of Directors.
- Use of Effective Management Information System
- Innovative product development.
- Existence of Co-operative societies/Groups.
- Good corporate governance policy.
- Experienced and certified microfinance personnel.
- Large numbers of customers with low transaction
- Inadequate Funding
- Existence of large number of potential customers and large numbers of small and medium scale enterprises.
- Limited competition in the catchments areas
- Competition from commercial banks running microfinance bank as subsidiary
Competition from new entrants to the sector.